Thursday, March 6, 2008

Walking vs. Running

Calories are the bane of my existence. Last year I managed to get down to 160, briefly, but after I stopped logging every morsel of food and getting up at the crack-ass-of-dawn to walk for an hour+, my weight crept back up to 174 in the span of six months. Yikes!

I changed a lot of my eating habits last year. I started eating breakfast every day, concentrated on eating five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, avoided my favorite fried foods, drank lots of water and pretty much gave up eating red meat.

Slowly, I've slipped back into old habits....fries, tater tots (dang bowling alley!), the crunchy tacos at TB instead of the chicken soft tacos al fresco style. The list goes on - belive me :D

And then there's the drinking. I cut way back on that too - but I just can't seem to go without Spanish Coffees from Katie O'Brien's or double vodka tonics at The Winchester. Our social life centers around eating and drinking out and I can see this becoming a huge struggle for me.

Anyone else facing this problem?

No comments: