Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Goals: WALKING

I got this fancy new pedometer. I thought it was really cool...and then I saw the four dead ones I have sitting on my dresser. Meh, this time it will be different.

Right?

So far right! Last week I logged nearly 67,000 steps. My goal is 70,000 which, of course, takes an average of 10,000 per day. I was pretty proud of the fact that in the middle of the week I only logged 7,000 steps a couple of those days so I ramped it up over the end of the week to try and make up for it. I didn't quite get there but I'm pretty stoked about how well I did. Five days out of seven I made it past 10K. That's huge for me. It was one of my goals for the week to walk half an hour every day - I got that accomplished AND my goal for three weeks out which is to ramp it up to a goal of 45 minutes a day of walking. I'll have to think of another goal I guess. One that involves another behavior I need to work on - like hoarding newspapers or pinching small babies when their mothers aren't looking.

No comments: