Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Staying on track

I found out last week that my employer is offering a fitness challenge of sorts. The winner is determined by changes in body fat and inches, not just weight. I signed up, I get weighed and measured on Thursday. The fact that I'm fat will be official. I'll have twelve weeks to change behaviors I've been practicing for the past year into habit.

OMG it's a gorgeous effin' sunrise out there!

I managed to get another hour walk in yesterday during lunch. These no rain days are really handy. The rain is a huge reason why my state's obesity rate is in the top five in the nation. It's depressing (the rain) and people comfort themselves by shoving food down their gullets. And drinking, with me its definitely the drinking. I'll bet that if I could stop drinking, I would magically lose thirty-five pounds; but who wants to be sober 365 days in a row?

(Watching the sky this morning is really awesome...)

I bought whole wheat pasta and Ahi last night at the grocery store. I managed to squeak the ww pasta by the hubbie last week. Now I'll have to get it past the kids. I planned on making tuna casserole only with the Ahi seared instead of tuna from a can. (OMG GOOD!) I don't think I've ever made tuna casserole for the kids. I made it for the ex and his reaction scarred me for the rest of my life. (A88hole)

(The sky is goddamn amazing!)

Goals for this week:
  • Drink 84 ounces of water each day (Monday - didn't quite make it, only 50 ozs.)
  • Cook at home way more. For me this means more than twice in one week. I KNOW! We are really bad about staying home those weeks the kids are at their dad's. We just like going out. However, its expensive and its making me fat. Well, me eating is making me fat but the going out isn't helping.
  • Walk each day
I'll report back later...


p.s. the sky show is over. Goddamn it was a good one.

No comments: