Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Goal of COOKING AT HOME

One thing I need to work on - really hard - is eating meals at home more often.

I have the "take-my-lunch-to-work" thing down pretty well. Most days its a can of soup and some crackers. This addresses two things, frugality and weight loss.

I have the weeks that the kids are home down pretty well. Mostly because its just darn expensive to feed five people at a restaurant. Even if we just hit the BK Lounge it costs over $25. (And I can't STAND having my kids drink soda with dinner.)

Its those the kids aren't here and wouldn't it be nice to hit 'The Winchester' and catch up with everybody nights...and the bowling night...and the meet G at Lucky Lab at 4pm afternoons...and the Friday night we must go outs....and the hey its half price sushi night let's go...and the - well, you get the picture. We can easily eat out five out of seven nights and not even blink an eye.

My hubbie (oh man, as in HUBBA-HUBBA *wolf-whistle*) is a very social creature so the Friday nights thing has to stay. In fact, I can rationalize each and every night out with no problem whatsoever. I mean, if they serve TATOR TOTS at the bowling alley, I HAVE to eat them simply because that's the only place I ever see them on the menu. That makes sense right?

I'm going to tackle this goal like I've done the budget one...I'm going to write down each and every time we eat out, what "the occasion" was and how much we spent. I'm going to do this for six months then sit the man down for a serious talk.

He's bound to be shocked by how much we spend - and how effin' fat I am by then.

No comments: